Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Meat-singing/eating Oils

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 5 16:17:08 MDT 2004

Powderchums,

Sugar and beef must be washed down with these lines from BSM and D&D:

"if the sugar refining company won't save me..."
and
"...pastoral companies...got more rights than people..."

I took the line from the Capricornia cd to be a reference to sugar plantations and cattle operations.

Suggesting it has something to do with carnivorous habits was very cheeky, at least tongue-in-cheek, I'm sure.  :)

bruce in calgary, who just ripped 3 back to back posts to the list in less than half an hour - a cyber-hat-trick, as it were, and in record time to boot.

juliensmith at fido.ca wrote:
I would be amazed if the "sugar and beef" lyric was not tongue-in-cheek. Were it
a little less obvious, I might have taken them for their word, but I thought
about it a while ago and really, you would DIE on sugar and beef. So yeah, I'm
with you on that. Not sure if it's a McDonald's ref, but it certainly could be.

BTW, I'm basically vegan also but I decided I would prefer not to enter this
conversation considering two vegans named juli(ae)n may be a little too
overwhelming. :)

js

Quoting Julian Shaw :