Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] MO site link +Todd/Matt

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:12:18 -0800 (PST)

Being parents of teenagers themselves, I think the band
members might decide that while their work gave birth
to the list, and they have a vested interest in seeing
how it develops, the choices we make as individuals -
what to support, agree with, act on, rage against, etc.
- is at some point beyond their control and
responsibility.

BTW, regarding the recent textual intercourse between
Matt and Todd: a heated political/philosophical debate
resolved like civilized men - thanks to Matt for
speaking up and to the Wulfman for the interesting
links.

ANd to think the whole thing got fired up over a
misquote of George Castanza! NOw THAT'S the essence of
chaos.

cheers all,

bruce

Brigitte Mounier wrote

> I doubt they would get pissed off. They might dislike
what they find,
> (or distance themselves from it, like Peter told me
he did) but
> Powderworks remains a free forum. The band respects
individuality and
> diversity too much, I believe, to object to its
content. Unless it
> became really offensive, which  don't think our
wonderful moderator
> will allow anyway.
>

> Travis replied:
>
> >Yeah but what if, say, one, possibly more, of the
band members were checking
> >things out and were a little pissed off about a
certain topic being
> >discussed?  Is that a positive?  Just a thought....
> >

> >On Mar 7, Brigitte Mounier wrote:
> >
> >>  I had not realized that the Powderworks link, on
the official MO
> >>  site, displays an archive of the posts!!!
> >>  Meaning that not only our words go into
posterity, but that
> >>  non-workers can now follow the gist of our
wanderings.
> >  > I'm not sure i like that.
> >

> >Let's not forget, some of those non-Workers could be
band members - it can

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.