Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oil's DVD (Good info for converting dvd players).

Mitchega@aol.com Mitchega@aol.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 22:43:28 EST

--part1_139.a949320.29b98d60_boundary

While searching for this SAMPO DVD PLAYER I found something I had never heard
of.
DVD HACKS.  There is a whole network of web sites devoted to giving precise
info on
how to convert most any DVD player to play any region's DVDs.

All you have to do is search on "DVD HACKS" and you get tons of hits.  I
found several
sites that have extensive lists of many different makes and models of DVD
players along
with instruction on how to convert them to any region.  Very interesting.
One bad thing for me.
My DVD player is a Sony.  I searched for quite awhile but every list I found
had no Sony DVD
players.  I finally found an obscure listing where you can actually send in
help questions.
Someone had made an inquiry about a Sony player and the replies were that
there is no HACK
for Sony players.  Bummer.  Now I'm just going to have to buy this SAMPO.
Looks pretty good.

Oh well.  Have fun.  Art

In a message dated 3/4/02 10:15:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jburke523@yahoo.com writes:

> Several people have asked me about the dvd since I live in
> the states they were curious how I can play it.
>
> THE DVD IS an ALL REGION DVD. Most MUSIC dvds are this way.
> However it is in PAL format. So if you are in the States
> you can see it if you have a PAL viewable player. You can
> not get it in Best Buy or Circuit Buy. But you can order
> the players online. I have a SAMPO. Do a search. SAMPO DVD
> Players. I picked mine up for $150.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Josh
>
> The region coding was set up by the bums in Hollywood who
> did not want people in the rest of the world buying dvds of
> movies that had not been released in their countries

--part1_139.a949320.29b98d60_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>While searching for this SAMPO DVD PLAYER I found something I had never heard of.<BR>
DVD HACKS.&nbsp; There is a whole network of web sites devoted to giving precise info on<BR>
how to convert most any DVD player to play any region's DVDs. <BR>
<BR>
All you have to do is search on "DVD HACKS" and you get tons of hits.&nbsp; I found several <BR>
sites that have extensive lists of many different makes and models of DVD players along<BR>
with instruction on how to convert them to any region.&nbsp; Very interesting.&nbsp; One bad thing for me.<BR>
My DVD player is a Sony.&nbsp; I searched for quite awhile but every list I found had no Sony DVD <BR>
players.&nbsp; I finally found an obscure listing where you can actually send in help questions.<BR>
Someone had made an inquiry about a Sony player and the replies were that there is no HACK<BR>
for Sony players.&nbsp; Bummer.&nbsp; Now I'm just going to have to buy this SAMPO.&nbsp; Looks pretty good.<BR>
<BR>
Oh well.&nbsp; Have fun.&nbsp; Art<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 3/4/02 10:15:51 AM Pacific Standard Time, jburke523@yahoo.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Several people have asked me about the dvd since I live in<BR>
the states they were curious how I can play it.<BR>
<BR>
THE DVD IS an ALL REGION DVD. Most MUSIC dvds are this way.<BR>
However it is in PAL format. So if you are in the States<BR>
you can see it if you have a PAL viewable player. You can<BR>
not get it in Best Buy or Circuit Buy. But you can order<BR>
the players online. I have a SAMPO. Do a search. SAMPO DVD<BR>
Players. I picked mine up for $150.<BR>
<BR>
Hope this helps.<BR>
<BR>
Josh<BR>
<BR>
The region coding was set up by the bums in Hollywood who<BR>
did not want people in the rest of the world buying dvds of<BR>
movies that had not been released in their countries<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>