Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Dee Dee Ramone is dead.

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:14:49 -0700 (PDT)

I had the same feelings when John Belushi died.  Not
that he was any great shakes as an actor or comedian
but I grew up watching him in the 70's and he did have
some singular moments.  What a waste.  I don't think
that drug abuse is limited to young and rich and
famous.  There are lots of folks out there on the
streets with drug problems.  Why it happens to some
and not others is a mystery to me.  I'm just a hard
working type trying to get along in life and give my
kids a better chance in life than I had (not that I
had it that bad even) and I've had a few of my close
friends get into substance abuse problems and it just
ruins their life time after time after time.  I
personally don't have time to waste with recreational
substances of any kind (hell, I can barely find time
to play pick up hoops at the church once a week).
Yet, I have my own "joneses" to deal with.  All I can
say is Stay Clean, doing the right thing pays off in
the long run (it has to, doesn't it?)

Randy