Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Dee Dee Ramone is dead.

Oils21@aol.com Oils21@aol.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:06:55 EDT

--part1_13.c89b2b2.2a316f3f_boundary

I have actually been having some unusual feelings about this.  I always feel
horribly when I hear about another human being losing their life for any
reason. However, there is a part of me that is saddened because deaths by
drug overdoses are completely avoidable.  For decades, people know the
dangers of drug use yet people still decide to try it and they get hooked and
many OD.

Now, I know I am going to hear that crap (not from this list probably but
from the media and other places) that he had problems and will be made out to
be the victim.  However, I know many people who probably have many more
problems such as trying to feed their families and most do not become drug
addicts.

For the life of me, I do not understand this.  We have seen way too many
talented people die from drug OD's and why people arent taking the example of
those that died previously baffles me.

I hope this does not make me a bad person, I do not think I am.  I am just a
confused man who doesnt understand a phenomenon that has been with us for
decades.

May God rest the souls of all those that perish from this plague and give
strength to everyone alive to resist drugs.

Phil
Bronx, NY

--part1_13.c89b2b2.2a316f3f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I have actually been having some unusual feelings about this. &nbsp;I always feel horribly when I hear about another human being losing their life for any reason. However, there is a part of me that is saddened because deaths by drug overdoses are completely avoidable. &nbsp;For decades, people know the dangers of drug use yet people still decide to try it and they get hooked and many OD. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Now, I know I am going to hear that crap (not from this list probably but from the media and other places) that he had problems and will be made out to be the victim. &nbsp;However, I know many people who probably have many more problems such as trying to feed their families and most do not become drug addicts. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>For the life of me, I do not understand this. &nbsp;We have seen way too many talented people die from drug OD's and why people arent taking the example of those that died previously baffles me. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I hope this does not make me a bad person, I do not think I am. &nbsp;I am just a confused man who doesnt understand a phenomenon that has been with us for decades. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>May God rest the souls of all those that perish from this plague and give strength to everyone alive to resist drugs.
<BR>
<BR>Phil
<BR>Bronx, NY</FONT></HTML>

--part1_13.c89b2b2.2a316f3f_boundary--