Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] VLMOC: anti-Americanism, so-called

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:40:10 EDT

--part1_9b.3739ab3d.2bcde44a_boundary

In a message dated 4/15/2003 3:18:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
minuteparticular@yahoo.com.au writes:

> To put it another way, I think Americans should quit whining about all this
> "anti-Americanism" that's supposedly out there, and either defend their
> country's actions or else admit wrongdoing where it has occurred.

What bothers me is that some people seem much more willing to criticize
what the U. S. is doing than what the regime of Saddam Hussein has done.
That is where the anti-American perception comes in, at least for me.  When
the same people who don't have much to say in regards to the human rights
abuse that goes on in Iraq and other countries are suddenly all over the U.
S. for going
to war with Iraq, I wonder if they really care about peace and human rights
or if
they just relish the opportunity to slam the U. S.

Mike

--part1_9b.3739ab3d.2bcde44a_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 4/15/2003 3:18:57 PM Pacific Daylig=
ht Time, minuteparticular@yahoo.com.au writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">To put it another way, I think=20=
Americans should quit whining about all this "anti-Americanism" that's suppo=
sedly out there, and either defend their country's actions or else admit wro=
ngdoing where it has occurred. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
What bothers me is that some people seem much more willing to criticize<BR>
what the U. S. is doing than what the regime of Saddam Hussein has done.<BR>
That is where the anti-American perception comes in, at least for me.&nbsp;=20=
When<BR>
the same people who don't have much to say in regards to the human rights ab=
use that goes on in Iraq and other countries are suddenly all over the U. S.=
 for going<BR>
to war with Iraq, I wonder if they really care about peace and human rights=20=
or if <BR>
they just relish the opportunity to slam the U. S.<BR>
<BR>
Mike&nbsp; <BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_9b.3739ab3d.2bcde44a_boundary--