Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] Re: NMOC: Quoting

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:58:15 +0200

> I don't mean to speak for Jurriaan, but I think it is the fact that
> Bruce's message contained quoting in a HTML format. Some mailers when they
> receive HTML-based mail will quote using HTML formatting, which is fine if
> you are performing a straight reply (because the person who sent you HTML
> mail can likely read HTML mail as well.)

I know what you mean now. When replying to this messages I got the '>' marks, but often I get a black line at the side of the paragraph and when writing a reply it's possible to use formatted text (bold, underlined etc). It's very annoying as I first make the text into "plain", but then I have to write the > marks myself at each line. Is there a way I can convert the formatted HTML text into plain and get the quotation marks there automatically, instead of the black line?
As I can read the formatting myself (I use Outlook Express), I haven't really thought about the problems with it.

/Bjorn