Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Bones sings on Luritja way

Greg Ralls GregRalls@users.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:19:38 -0400

amen, stephen!  i am a pianist as well, so maybe that has something to do with it, but i ALWAYS crank up the end of "antarctica" to hear jim's piano jam.

greg ralls

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Stephen Scott
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 2:57 AM
To: bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com; powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Re: Bones sings on Luritja way

Bones is the singer during the guiding light part of Luritja Way. It is a
great vocal. His other classic Oils vocal (IMHO) is in One Country.
Just one more thing to add. I think Antartica is the best (with no
exception) closing song on any album. I think the Oils think long and hard
about their track listing and it shows. I don't think I am the only person
who turns Antarica up full volume at the end of the track to hear Jims
superb piano solo. I would love to hear an extended version of that song
with more piano at the end.
Anyway.
See ya
Stephen

"This is a mad house....you'll be lucky to make it till Tuesday"