Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Musical patriotism (MOC)

Jess chosarou@yahoo.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 11:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

Someone asked if we could think of a band that
embodied the American -whatever- the way the Oils do
for Australia-
   Well, on the last swing through the States, Peter
said that they had been listening to Johnny Cash on
the bus to get in the mood for playing to an American
audience. This didn't go down so well with the crowd.

But if you think about it, I'm not sure if its
possible to grow up in America without knowing and
identifying with at least a few Johnny Cash songs.
Or... Elvis?  Then you hit puberty and grow one of
those self concious arrogant American attitudes that
doesn't allow you to admit to having anything in
common with your parents. pity, really.