Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rush, Oils, whatever........

eel bonjack scissormansnip at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 13:22:35 MDT 2004

to tell you the truth, it doesn't surprise me that much if Rush L. is misusing an Oils song...........

after all, many moons ago, after the first Persian Gulf War, if you recall, there was a big parade about that farce we called "Operation Desert Storm", and they played "Born in the USA" during it........which is of course about a soldier sent to Vietnam who learns about the truth and perils of warfare, not glamor.........

I seriously doubt they care about the meaning of these songs, they just like to look hip or whatever..........

It all sounds rather naive and sentimental to be talking about children laughing and dancing and singing together when we all know perfectly well that what children do in real life is snarl and take drugs.
-Douglas Adams