Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Oils survey

Jussi Korhonen jussihk at kolumbus.fi
Sat Sep 4 12:35:05 MDT 2004

Hi there,

Just wanted to check if I still remember how to post here...

1. what's your name? - Jussi
2. where do you live? - Finland
3. how old are you? - 28
4. what do you do for a living? - Part time student, part time "sports consultant"
5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils? - The usual.
6. how old were you when you heard it? - 12
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
- PWAP & BSM
8. favorite energetic song? - Progress
9. favorite slow song? - Whoah
10. what song(s) defines the Oils? - I suppose it would be one of those "meaningful songs, with a catchy chorus line", such as Beds and Blue Sky Mine
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? - One Too Many Times
12. Martin or Jim? - Jim
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? - Whoah
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a
single song before buying it? - Certainly.
15. do you play any instruments? - I'm a beginner bass and fiddle player. Beginner as in "how does one play a note on these things?". So the answer would be no, I guess.
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
you go? - Norfolk Island (was Bus to Bondi, but been there, done it..)
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause? - Maybe not.
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? - Before an Oils show.
19. Bones or Giffo? - Bones
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin? - Written in the Heart