Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Toronto 84 weed

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:58:28 +0800

At 10-09-02 09:49 AM -0400, Chris W. Rea wrote:

>I'm curious -- how do you know that the "new" version is pitched *fast*, as
>opposed to the "old" version being pitched *slow*?  Wouldn't there have to be
>some kind of definitive benchmark to compare each recording to, rather than
>comparing them to each other?  Do you know somehow that the "old" version is
>pitched correctly, or are you assuming because it was the first one out?
>Share some of that arcane audiophile knowledge with us. :-)

I don't know about this particular one, but if I suspect a show is off
pitch, I just play along on my guitar to see how far off it is!

A good example is the reasonably common bootleg "Know Your Power" - that
one was so fast it was a full tone high!  (that's the equivalent of two
frets on a guitar)

jeff...