Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Random ramblings and questions (NMOC)

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:37:51 -0600

> 2 - Can anyone enlighten me on Australian Day, January 26?
> Is it the same date every year?  How big of a deal is it
> there?  I'm interested because this will also become my
> wedding anniversary beginning 2003 (meaning, I'm getting
> married in under 2 weeks).

Same date every year, although if it falls on a weekend (like this year for
example), we usually have the following Monday off.
Yep, it's a pretty big deal considering it dates back 214 years since white
man settled in Australia.
Check out the link below for an in depth look at this historical day.

Hope you have a great wedding day !!!

http://www.adc.nsw.gov.au/history.html

Later,
Vince