Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Waveaid net ticket scam

RibMan ribman at manthey.com.au
Tue Jan 18 23:11:57 MST 2005

following notes from :
http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4459,11977161%255E7484%255E%255Enbv,00.html

Waveaid net ticket scam
January 18, 2005

WAVEAID Tsunami Relief concert promoter Michael Chugg said he was
shocked to find tickets for the January 29 show selling for inflated
prices on trading website eBay yesterday, just hours after tickets went
on sale through Ticketek.

The concert at the Sydney Cricket Ground, which features a stellar
line-up including Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Midnight Oil and
Silverchair, came close to selling out its 50,000 capacity, but by
lunchtime a number of standard $58 tickets were available on eBay, going
for as much as $100.

"I'm quite upset that some of the punters have chosen to do that," Chugg
said. "I'm shocked. We are working with Ticketek and eBay to try to have
these removed from the eBay site as quickly as they go up. Hopefully
eBay will do the right thing."

Chugg said Ticketek was swamped when the tickets went on sale at 9am on
Monday - with the first release of tickets sold out by noon.

The gig is being billed as a "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity for music
fans with iconic acts including Powderfinger and a reunited Midnight Oil
on the menu.