Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Administrivia -- "for reals" this time, the list must move.

Nathan Arrowsmith nathan at nathanarrowsmith.com
Fri Jan 7 13:38:30 MST 2005

I can't help thinking that the current mailing list setup works well,
and theoretically could just be relocated as is to another server.

If the cost is related to bandwidth, how much traffic does the
Powderworks list actually generate? Maybe I'm being naive, but I can't
imagine it being a lot. Server space can be bought reasonably cheap
providing the traffic isn't through the roof.

Setting up a forum would probably be more bandwidth intensive than the
current mailing list, so probably not the best option, as enticing as it
sounds.

They do have Adwords on every page, are we willing to put up with that?,
much better than Yahoo though.

Nathan