Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Protesters chip away at Garrett's forests stance

Julian Shaw (Man Myth or Monkey?) julian at monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 10:38:16 MDT 2004

Kate

I know you may think I live in a "dream world" but for me it is ethically
unacceptable to use animals as we please. So buying anything that is a product
of their death or mistreatment is wrong. That's my view and I know I have
about zero chance of ever seeing the majority of people in this world see it
the same way, so I never try and force my view upon people. There is no middle
ground if you believe it's ethically wrong to harm animals - an animal isn't
any less dead if we eat less of that animal - we are just killing less animals
collectively.

However I agree if you are trying to reduce environmental impact then getting
people to eat less beef is good...

So I think we are coming at this issue in different ways.

Julian