Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] If they were to pick another singer...

Stephan Jänsch stephan.jaensch at gmx.net
Tue Sep 28 02:28:30 MDT 2004

Hi folks,

somehow I couldn't sleep right last night so I tried to occupy my brain.
Maybe ist been on the list before but one thing that came to my mind was to
try to imagine which singer, dead or alive, might actually fit in with the
Oils other than Peter. Of course this is an entirely hypothetical question
and I guess nobody would seriously want them to pick another singer but it
was interesting. I always wondered a little about the frequent comparison of
the Oils with U2... For all I know Bono and Pete are friends and Countdown
is supposed to be one of Bono's favourite albums but last night it struck
me: Bono was the only one I could imagine doing the Oils' stuff right! It
really sounded cool in my head ;)! And I could finally sleep :D!

What do you guys think about this, any other candidates?

Cheers,

Stephan