Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Protesters chip away at Garrett's forests stance

Julian Shaw (Man Myth or Monkey?) julian at monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 01:20:56 MDT 2004

I disagree Kate. If you are a veggie and want to bring an end to the meat
trade you do that by making it unprofitable. The best way of doing this is to
stop eating meat and cut out all meat by-products (leather, dairy, etc) from
what you consume. What is the cow killed for exactly? Why do people assume
it's the meat first? Many cows are killed just to keep milk production flowing
and leather just keeps the whole system more profitable.

Julian