Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Collector/Trader, new to the list...

Stephan Jänsch stephan.jaensch at gmx.net
Mon Sep 27 03:41:48 MDT 2004

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this list so I thought I'd just briefly introduce myself.

My name's Stephan Jaensch and I'm a 28-year-old environmental engineer from
Mainz, Germany. I'm married since June 2003 but we don't have any kids, yet.

I'm an Oils fan since '89. Other bands I love are New Model Army, AC/DC, ZZ
Top, The Cruel Sea, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Faith No More, The Waltons (from
Germany, not UK), The Toy Dolls, Freak Kitchen, Primus, Deep Purple, just to
name the most important ones.

I never saw the Oils live :(. I had tickets for shows twice and twice the
show got cancelled!!! This is probably one of the saddest spots in my life
(which sort of shows that apart from that I'm a damn lucky bastard ;)).

I'm a collector of Oils' material, mostly but not entirely restricted to
official CD-releases. Some of you might already know me from some CD-R
exchange. I'm rather less interested in collecting live-shows. My collection
doesn't have a website, yet but anybody interested in trading is welcome to
contact me so I can send him/her my list.

I play the guitar, didgeridoo and do some singing. I used to be in a band
called Trigger Failure (anybody trading with me will get a free demo ;)) but
we split past November so I'm currently without a band.

My first request to this list is if anybody might be ready to make copies of
this amazing "These should not be forgotten years"-project you guys did (for
practical reasons preferably somebody from Germany or the EU)! Needless to
say I'd make up for any expenses and I'd make copies for him/her of anything
from my collection he/she wants to have!

So much for the moment, I'm looking forward to talking to you guys!

Cheers,

Stephan