Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

maralinga maralinga at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 4 04:18:41 MDT 2004

Message1 .  what's your name?   Nigel.
2.  where do you live?   Bournemouth - UK.
3.  how old are you?   44.
4.  what do you do for a living?   Business Development Analyst.
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?   Sorry to say but it was Beds in 89 when it hit the UK charts :(
6.  how old were you when you heard it?   29.
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?   I love the hard techno grunge of Redneck Wonderland, it gets me everytime.  At the other end of the scale would be 10 - 1.
8.  favorite energetic song?   Any that I havent played for a while.
9.  favorite slow song?   The sow version of The Dead Heart.
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Blue Sky Mine, Best of Both Worlds.
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils?  Kingdom of Flaunt - what is that all about?!
12.  Martin or Jim?   Peter!
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?  Underwater.
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a single song before buying it?  Capricornia.
15.  do you play any instruments?   No.
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would you go?  Norfolk Island.
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of any environmental/social activist cause?  No.
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?   No.
19.  Bones or Giffo?   Can I plead the 5th ammendment on this one?
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?   Some Kids.