Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] re:survey

eel bonjack scissormansnip at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 16:39:30 MDT 2004

my 2 cents

1. What's your name? Stefan
2. where do you live? Newburyport, Massachusetts (USA)
3. how old are you? 29
4. what do you do for a living? houspainter of haunted houses, in the "Witch" town of Salem, Mass.5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils?
Truganini (at least that I'm consciously aware of)
6. how old were you when you heard it? 18
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme
to the other? Breathe, The Real Thing
8. favorite energetic song? Pictures
9. favorite slow song? all the ones on "Breathe"
10. what song(s) defines the Oils? for me:Underwater, Common Ground,U.S Forces, Common Ground,Been Away too long, Truganini, Nor or Never Land, quite a spectrum, methinks.....
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Kiss that Girl
12. Martin or Jim? erm........
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first
and now love? never hated any, but some just didn't grab me.
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith,
without having heard a single song before buying it?
Red Sails in the sunset
15. do you play any instruments? not currently, unfortunately.
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an
Oils song, where would you go? South Pacific Islands, (lost islands of hope)
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct
action as part of any environmental/social activist
cause? Yes, green party canvassing
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? I'm sure I have.

19. Bones or Giffo?
Bones
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin?
E-Beat

It all sounds rather naive and sentimental to be talking about children laughing and dancing and singing together when we all know perfectly well that what children do in real life is snarl and take drugs.
-Douglas Adams