Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils Survey :)

juliensmith at fido.ca juliensmith at fido.ca
Thu Sep 2 08:22:42 MDT 2004

Ok, I'm not very active on this list, but I wanted to do this survey, so here
goes:

1.  What's your name?  Julien
2.  Where do you live?  Montreal, Canada
3.  How old are you?  25
4.  What do you do for a living?  student + customer service
5.  What was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Beds Are Burning
6.  How old were you when you heard it?  around 13-14
7.  What are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
          Breathe, Redneck Wonderland
8.  Favorite energetic song?  Powderworks
9.  Favorite slow song?  Antarctica or In the Valley
10. Which song(s) defines the Oils?  Beds Are Burning, I'm afraid - not that
it's a bad song, but...
11. What song is *least* characteristic of the Oils?  There are some definite
weird ones... but none that I can think of offhand.
12. Martin or Jim?  Jim
13. What Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?  Bullroarer
    (short story: I went to my only live Oils show ever, said to my friend 'I
    just hope they don't play Bullroarer'; they did and it rocked.)
14. Did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a
    single song before buying it?  I bought them without listening all the
    time. I practically never heard one ahead of time.
15. Do you play any instruments?  I've played guitar, accordeon, piano, and
    violin at one time in my life. I'm learning a berimbau soon (a traditional
    Brazilian instrument).
16. If you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
    you go?  Wow, all of those places.
17. Have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of any
    environmental/social activist cause?  I've generally wanted to do things
    like that, so it was MO that did it particularly. I'm becoming vegan, for
    example, and studying in anthropology.
18. Have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  Nope
19. Bones or Giffo?  Bones - I'm not that old school.
20. What forgotten song deserves another spin?  Blossom and Blood