Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Oils survey

Dan Heaton dnheaton at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 08:06:41 MDT 2004

1. What's your name?   Dan
2. where do you live?   St. Louis, Missouri (USA)
3. how old are you?   28
4. what do you do for a living?   Writer
5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils?
Blue Sky Mine
6. how old were you when you heard it?   14
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme
to the other? 10,9,8... and Diesel and Dust (I know,
they're actually sort of similar)
8. favorite energetic song?   Read About It
9. favorite slow song?  Warakurna
10. what song(s) defines the Oils?  Power and the
Passion, The Dead Heart
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils?
Sins of Omission
12. Martin or Jim?   Jim (he's a musical genius)
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first
and now love?  Now or Never Land
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith,
without having heard a single song before buying it?
yes, I bought all the older ones after hearing Blue
Sky Mining, then bought Redneck and Breathe without
hearing any tracks
15. do you play any instruments?   piano until I was
15, but I doubt that still counts
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an
Oils song, where would you go?   New Zealand
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct
action as part of any environmental/social activist
cause?  Yes
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?   Yes.
I've had a few involving concerts at odd places, like
my driveway, but something generally goes wrong and
they can't play.
19. Bones or Giffo?   Giffo rocks out more, but I love
Bones' harmonies, so it's a tie!
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin?
Sleep, Minutes to Midnight (a lot from Red Sails)

That's it!

Dan