Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Hutter Brian Brian.Hutter at lpnt.net
Wed Sep 1 08:46:40 MDT 2004

1.  what's your name?  Brian
2.  where do you live?  Franklin, Tennessee (home of many professional
musicians)
3.  how old are you?  37 (almost 38)
4.  what do you do for a living?  Accounting director at a public company
which owns and manages hospitals in rural American towns.
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Power and the Passion
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  16 - MTV - 1982 or 1983, during the
"Australian Invasion" era
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the
other? Redneck and Red Sails
8.  favorite energetic song?  Read About It, Redneck and Bullroarer
9.  favorite slow song?  In the Valley (live) and Bedlam Bridge
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Lucky Country, Surf's Up Tonight and
Beds
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Drop in the Ocean
12.  Martin or Jim?  Jim - the "brains" of MO. He is a genius.
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?
Now or Neverland
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having
heard a single song before buying it?  Yes
15.  do you play any instruments?  I will soon start learning to play on
keyboard.
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song,
where would you go? Alice Springs
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as
part of any environmental/social activist cause? Not directly, but I have
been inspired by their commitment to causes which led to my contributions in
my church and community.
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? Yes. MO performing in my
backyard and my neighbors loved it.
19.  Bones or Giffo?  Bones. I never met Giffo.
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin? Bedlam Bridge