Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Powderworks hasta la vista?

Lina Yune midoil2001 at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 27 10:14:39 MDT 2004

Hi Rhonda,

Nice to hear from you.  Sorry about your rain-out weekend.  We are just drying out here in Illinois.  I am sure you saw it on TV.

I just ordered from HMV (and they shipped it already yesterday) Rob Hirst/Backslider's CD - Downtime: A 10 Year Collection.  Can't wait.  I love Backsliders.  Totally addicted to them....

Hoping our 3-day weekend won't be a total rain-out.

Just wish we could take some of our Illinois rain and ship it to Montana where they have drought, and they are forecasting bad wild fire summer again.

I am listening to Hanoi right now, trying to stay in my chair, because my feet feel like dancing

Rhonda <kayak at sympatico.ca> wrote:
Musing & rambling to anyone who wants to join in...

Seems the list has all but shut down lately...any further communiques
about where it's going to move to since colorado.edu doesn't want to
host anymore? Thought there would have been a lot of discussion of the
new DVD, but the silence has been deafening.

Our long holiday weekend was totally drenched...in order to kayak this
year I will merely need to turn the thing right side up and float away
down the street. Party at friend's house was nearly rained out...we
migrated between the garage and the back yard whenever the rain ceased
for a moment. Ended the evening with an ice pack duct taped to my ankle
due to an ill-advised and refreshment-induced celebratory leap from a
rain-slicked picnic table (can't remember what the hell I was
celebrating, but it must have been good).

Daughters & I held a goofy Oils jam session in the living room the next
day during another endless downpour & got to hear how a 7-year-old
creatively misinterprets lyrics. Both girls are currently addicted to
"Minutes to Midnight" Goat Island version and clamor for it endlessly.
Leighanne did her "Peter dance" around the room and sang of "Phar Lap
floating in the john."

Sounds like an ending, indeed.

-Rhonda