Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Don't buy gas on even numbered Wednesdays unless you have a blue polka dot car

Rhonda kayak at sympatico.ca
Tue May 18 22:38:38 MDT 2004

Which I don't have...

I've seen this go 'round as well...either boycotting a certain day or a
particular oil company.  The Big Oil Co's are no doubt laughing their
a$$es off at us and our inability to get off the gas boob.
 Unfortunately, biking to work is not an option (I wish!!) but do
heartily subscribe to the arranging-of-the-errands-in-a-circuit plan.
 Simply procrastinating all errands to another day also has its
benefits, and is my main life course thus far.  ;-)

Garret H., if you're not too far out of the way, gas prices in Newmarket
& Aurora seem to be consistently lower than elsewhere, sometimes by a
good 10-15 cents per litre.

I'm now thankful as hell to have bought a Honda Civic 2 years ago when
the Probe GT literally fell to pieces (it wasn't a pretty sight)...the
Civ's great on gas as long as my kayak and/or roof racks aren't on.

Considering hitchhiking,
Rhonda