Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Looking for VHS as well (RE: The New DVD)

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 15:51:35 MST 2004

as the one who re-mastered MTV unplugged onto VCD I am personally
offended by your comments

I think someone is working on converting this specific show to DVD
but I would like to point out that DVD does not guarantee quality. a
conversion such as the one we - on the list - are capable of doing,
will yield a result only as good as the source. so a DVD copy of MTV
unplugged is unlikely to look any better than the VHS copy. in fact,
it will probably be slightly worse. the format or media might be
more convenient, long lasting and easier to trade but that's about
it. if you have the original copy, shot on film, non interlaced,
full resolution and pro gear it is a different story.

=====
Miron

   How could people get so unkind?