Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Hoodoo Gurus?

Chris Herni cherni at pipeline.com.au
Tue Jan 20 15:36:15 MST 2004

Hi,

Stoneage Romeos (Older) and Crank (Newer) are two rippers.
Although I don't have any of their compilations (apart from
the live one) I have heard them heaps of times and they
are really good (often on high rotation at parties) and
probably a good place to start if you don't know the Gurus.

I wouldn't normally write such a long winded reply to
a mailing-list post like this, but I'm pumped up because
(as long as my wife doesn't have a baby- she's 37 weeks pregnant)
I will see the Gurus  play for the first time in 7 years ON MONDAY.
They have been broken up since about 7 years ago, and I stll rate them
as the most rocking act I've seen live.

Cheers,

Chris

PS Since this is Powderworks Mailing list, I should explain -
Oils: Best / Gurus: Most-Rockin. (And I saw them both
on consecutive Saturdays at the same venue too!)