Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] OILSIVE TREE CORRECTIONS

Cheryl H ooiiilllss at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 09:04:10 MST 2004

>From: Björn Blomquist <bjorn.blomquist at mbox301.swipnet.se>
>To: "'Michael'" <mbtigger at charter.net>,"'Cheryl H'"
><ooiiilllss at hotmail.com>,<powderworks at cs.colorado.edu>
>Subject: SV: [Powderworks] OILSIVE TREE CORRECTIONS
>Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:46:05 +0100

but there has to be a better reason than "they degenerate the quality of the
.wav files".

>/Bjorn

um, no there doesn't.  I trade a great deal with people like Jeff, Nathan
and several other very computer-literate people who work with music files.
they all make it very clear that mp3 files cause degeneration in quality in
live recordings, especially for future generations of those discs.  the main
branches of this tree downloaded the discs in a lossless compression format,
and as long as we are distributing this 15-disc set to over 165 people, we
will not be converting to mp3.

Cheryl

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es