Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] ebay seller

Julian Shaw julian at monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Feb 28 02:49:31 MST 2004

I agree it is not ethical to sell off most of the bootlegs around now for
ridiculous prices because it is so easy just to copy them and print your own
covers. If he material in question is a limited edition, print of a bootleg,
one where just copying to a CD-R wouldn't be good enough then I think it's
fair enough - supply and demand! I think it's just as ethical to do
something like this as to buy those "Italian Label Bootlegs" in the first
place. The band does not lose out on any money and only the die hard fans
would want them. The only aspect really is artistic control. But it's not
something that powderworkers generally respect anyway - not that I'm
criticising as a big trader myself.

Julian Lewis Shaw
Man, Myth or Monkey? Find out:
http://www.jlshaw.co.uk