[Powderworks] Cover Versions To Make You Run for Cover
hermanator51 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 01:30:25 MST 2004
OK here goes my two centissimo's:
My top five list of Oils-covers to be heard on the radio (countdown from
five to one):
5. Justin Timberlake - Jimmy Sharmans Boxers
4. Melanie C - Underwater
3. Garth Brooks - No Reaction (Country Edit)
2. San Francisco Symphony Orchestra plays an instrumental medley of Outbreak
of Love and In the Valley
1. Blümchen - Nothings Lost, Nothings Gained (145 bpm "shake-ya-ass"-Mix)
But then, what I really would like to hear would be:
5. Sigur Ros - Drop In the Ocean
4. Metallica (or some other thrash metal band) - Comfortable Place on the
3. The version of "Stand in Line" (by Regurgitator?) on the Tribute-CD,
which is really good!
(which I don't need to wish for since it exists!)
2. Marillion - Last of the diggers (Live, with Steven Rothery on an
1. Kent (the swedish pop-rock-band) - Now or Never Land
That would be something. Could this be arranged? Someone, please?
>Ahhhhhright ... Beth started it!
>Here's a challenge: what is the worst possible combination of artist and
>Oils song you can come up with? Barry Manilow sings Surf's Up? NFL
>football players sing One Country? Britney Spears sings a medley of Oops I
>Did It Again and Short Memory? Can it get worse than that?
>Lets put our intensive Oils catalog knowledge to work with a bit of
>perverse imagination, a taste for the absurd, and a great sense of humor as
>only powderworkers can do!
>Enough cyberbludging from work ....
>Kate Parker Adams
>Department of Work Environment
>University of Massachusetts - Lowell
>kate_adams at uml.edu
>"Trying to improve the community without
>first understanding it is like trying to sell
>pocket protectors to ballet dancers!"
>- Community Toolbox Website
>Powderworks mailing list
>Powderworks at cs-lists.cs.colorado.edu
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online