Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Cover Versions To Make You Run for Cover

jeffm at jeack.com.au jeffm at jeack.com.au
Thu Feb 26 12:50:48 MST 2004

Well, Kate, you asked for it...

- Jim Nabors (correct spelling?) sings Concrete
- Demis Roussos sings Nothing Lost Nothing Gained (kind of similar style,
but CAN YOU IMAGINE????)
- (now for real fingers-down-the-throat action) mercury 5 sings Stand In
Line
- Barbra Streisand sings.... a load of shit... forget that thought!
- Bruce Ruxton sings (in rap style) Luritja Way
- Nusrat Fatih Ali Khan sings Scream in Blue (wow - that would be a
spin-out actually)
- Pauline Hanson sings Power and the Passion (with licence when she's
singing the chorus..."Whoah the power I am having...." (sung with the rest
of the song gives it credibility.)
- 50 cent says "Outbreak of Love"

That's me spent (for the next ten mins...)

Joffa

>Ahhhhhright ... Beth started it!
>
>Here's a challenge: what is the worst possible combination of artist and
>Oils song you can come up with?  Barry Manilow sings Surf's Up?  NFL
>football players sing One Country?  Britney Spears sings a medley of >Oops
I Did It Again and Short Memory?  Can it get worse than that?