Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Nathan Arrowsmith nathan at nathanarrowsmith.com
Tue Aug 31 21:34:52 MDT 2004

It's good to know I'm just under the average age so far of 34.57142857

1.  what's your name?  Nathan
  2.  where do you live?  Maleny, Australia
  3.  how old are you?  33
  4.  what do you do for a living?  website design/computer tutor/uni
student
  5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Run by Night
  6.  how old were you when you heard it?  7
  7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
10 to 1, Breathe
  8.  favorite energetic song?  Best of Both Worlds
  9.  favorite slow song?  Home
  10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Beds
  11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Whoah
  12.  Martin or Jim?  Jimartin
  13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?
Brave Faces (I dunno about 'absolutely hate').
  14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having
heard a single song before buying it?  I'd always heard at least one song
  15.  do you play any instruments?  Guitar, bass
  16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? The stratosphere
  17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part
of any environmental/social activist cause?  nah
  18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  I was asked to play
the drum solo in patp (then I woke up).
  19.  Bones or Giffo?  giffbones
  20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?  Forgotten song? is
this a trick question? there are no forgotten songs! and they all
deserve another spin.