Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 31 20:36:04 MDT 2004

Oh all right then.

 1.  what's your name?  Jeff
 2.  where do you live?  Perth, Western Australia
 3.  how old are you?  33
 4.  what do you do for a living?  Cop
 5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  When The Generals
Talk
 6.  how old were you when you heard it?  13
 7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
Red Sails, Capricornia
 8.  favorite energetic song?  My Country
 9.  favorite slow song?  River Runs Red
 10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  River Runs Red
 11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Poets And Slaves
 12.  Martin or Jim?  Like Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, baked
beans and farting, can't have one without the other.
 13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? When
The Generals Talk
 14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having
heard a single song before buying it?  Most of them.
 15.  do you play any instruments?  Guitar, a bit of keyboards and
currently learning the ol' harmonica
 16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? Antarctica
 17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part
of any environmental/social activist cause?  I stuck the "Save Ningaloo"
sticker Pete gave me on the back of my car.
 18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  I've played onstage
with the band on many occasions
 19.  Bones or Giffo?  It took about 15 years, but I have finally
accepted that Bones has taken Giffo's place
 20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?  Bells And Horns In The
Back Of Beyond