Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

Felipe Castillo el_escrutador at linuxmail.org
Mon Aug 30 11:52:40 MDT 2004

1.  what's your name?  Felipe (aka escrutador)
2.  where do you live?  Mexico City (the most populated and the most
polluted place in Earth)
3.  how old are you?  28
4.  what do you do for a living?  Professional translation and
proofreading, currently finishing Latin American Studies
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Beds Are Burning
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  13
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 & Earth and Sun and Moon
8.  favorite energetic song?  Hercules
9.  favorite slow song?  Tin legs and tin mines
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Beds are burning in Olympics
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? One too many times
12.  Martin or Jim?  Jim!
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love?
Scream in blue
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having
heard a single song before buying it?  every album after I heard Diesel
& Dust
15.  do you play any instruments?  no
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where
would you go? Timor
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part
of any environmental/social activist cause?  I'm currently a social
activist. I've been in free radio and trade unions, i'm a devoted
ecologist currently very dissaponted with Greenpeace Mexico (a trade
mark, isn't it?)
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  Yes
19.  Bones or Giffo?  Both
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?  Brave Faces