[Powderworks] Oils survey
ewe2 at aardvark.net.au
Sun Aug 29 23:19:43 MDT 2004
On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 10:51:37PM -0400, Cheryl H wrote:
1. what's your name? Sean
2. where do you live? Vic, Australia
3. how old are you? 41
4. what do you do for a living? Carer
5. what was the first song you heard by the Oils? Power and the Passion
6. how old were you when you heard it? 19? Whenever it came out.
7. what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other? 10,9,8
8. favorite energetic song? Stand In Line
9. favorite slow song? Progress
10. what song(s) defines the Oils? Stand In Line, covers everything.
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? Golly, anything on
Breathe, wish they'd gone further with it.
12. Martin or Jim? Jim. The man's a machine.
13. what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? When The
Generals Talk - actually, I probably felt let down by that album.
14. did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a
single song before buying it? no, it's difficult not to notice an Oils
15. do you play any instruments? yes
16. if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
you go? Kalgoorlie, sounds wild.
17. have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause? I played many benefit gigs for a
range of environmental/social causes.
18. have you ever had any Oils-related dreams? maybe a daydream or two
19. Bones or Giffo? Definitely Giffo. I respect Bones' craft, but that
doesn't make up for raw energy and personality.
20. what forgotten song deserves another spin? Mountains of Burma.
Protoplasm. Quiet Protoplasm. I like quiet protoplasm.