Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils survey

The Oilman TheOilman at new.rr.com
Sun Aug 29 21:58:46 MDT 2004

I am still around and thought I would take part.

1.  what's your name?  Todd (The Oilman)
2.  where do you live?  Appleton, WI
3. How old are you?  34
4.  what do you do for a living?  Software Engineer
5.  what was the first song you heard by the Oils?  Power and the Passion
6.  how old were you when you heard it?  17
7.  what are your two favorite albums, from one extreme to the other?
 PWaP - Red Sails
8.  favorite energetic song?  Pictures
9.  favorite slow song?  Jimmy Sharman's Boxers
10.  what song(s) defines the Oils?  Sometimes, Dreamworld
11. what song is *least* characteristic of the Oils? One Too Many Times
12.  Martin or Jim?  Martin although Jim is a great guy too, and Fuzzface is
fantabulous!
13.  what Oils song did you absolutely hate at first and now love? You May
Not Be Released
14.  did you buy any Oils releases totally on faith, without having heard a
single song before buying it?  yes - imported all the early CDs once I found
out they existed, a substantial cost while I was in college!! (about $30
each)

15.  do you play any instruments?  no
16.  if you could go to any ONE place mentioned in an Oils song, where would
you go? Uhluru
17.  have the Oils ever inspired you to take any direct action as part of
any environmental/social activist cause?  Recycling freak, pushed for new
procedures at my workplace
18.  have you ever had any Oils-related dreams?  nope
19.  Bones or Giffo?  indifferent
20.  what forgotten song deserves another spin?  Dust