Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] We're all spores

Glitch sena.reisenweaver at verizon.net
Sat Apr 17 08:12:29 MDT 2004

Well, spores are sex cells - of fungi, ferns, bacteria, and other life forms
- that float around and when they land, they grow and propagate.
A eunuch is a castrated male - no sex cells there.
Seems to be a metaphor for taking action.  If we are all spores, wherever we
land we can take root and make a difference locally.
Keeping in mind this is a song about the media - Fox News, CNN, etc.  Can't
believe a flipping word they say.  Hence "Tell me the truth" and "the
camera's ruse."  If you're ignorant, you can't make a judgment call about
the news you see/read.
The only part I don't get is "deflect the short tunics."
Any takers?
-GB

got your last meal filled up with pesticide
hamburger chain third world infanticide
got robot car your job will disappear
it's called the politics of a brand new year
some say that's progress i say that's cruel

--midnight oil