Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: Rob & The Who

Bawolski at aol.com Bawolski at aol.com
Fri Apr 16 23:30:47 MDT 2004

In a message dated 4/16/2004 3:26:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
luritjaway at hotmail.com writes:
Is the following sentence true?
"Given the fact that The Who at one stage were eying off Rob to
replace Keith"
Moon as their drummer"
I've followed the Who pretty closely for over 30 years and don't remember
hearing that.  I do remember reading (possibly on the old Oils website) that
the Who had asked Midnight Oil to join them on their 1982 US tour (they did
open Who shows Sept. 10 and 11 in Birmingham, England, a week and a
half before the US tour, but didn't play any US dates).  Maybe Roger Daltrey,
who supposedly was not a big Kenney Jones fan, was impressed enough
by Rob to want to offer him the job, but that is all conjecture on my part.
Mike