Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] lyrics help? - has become NMOC by now

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 14 12:12:29 MDT 2004

Agreed. If God is a man of any sort - male, female, or gender neutral, than by god we are in big trouble.

BTW what is 'gender neutral man?' Sounds somewhat Michael Jacksonish...

Back to work. To think I've been wasting so much time working when I could have been procrastinating. Yes, fellow students, it is that time of year again, isn't it?

Hang in there,

bruce in calgary

Mathias Hermansson <hermanator51 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Close but no cigarr, Beth!

Even that way I don't think it does justice to the great divine. The
gender-neutral word "man" does imply the meaning "mankind" which would make
the lyrics say that God was a good being of mankind. I don't like to think
that God is of mankind. He/She must, IMHO, be of another kind, otherwise God
would not be Divine/Holy/God but just some big boss...

I Ould not agree the God is a good MAN or for that sake a good WOMAN but
rather God is a good GOD!

/Herman - son of a daughter of a preacherman