Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] diesel and dust

Anna Offler aoffler at iprimus.com.au
Sat Apr 3 06:43:25 MST 2004

Usually wheat but they have lots of dry years as the rainfall is marginal.
Real dry land farming. You get 1 good year in 5, 2 average and 2
poor/drought. Thats what you get around Goyders Line .
Lots of these old farmhouses were where people tried to farm on less
acres/hectares in good years, and the drought years drove them off the land
so they became part of a bigger farm that is more viable. Possibly the point
is that the white man does'nt live with and respect the land like the
Aborigines but tries to control it all the time, and then he ruins it. They
ripped out all the trees causing erosion and dust bowls in the early years.
Beds are burning.
Lew and Anna