Midnight Oil

FW: [Powderworks] Breathe as a full album

Jonathan Hart midnightoil@videotron.ca
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:05:46 -0400

Agreed.  Home makes me gag, while OTMT only makes me giggle and sing
along.  :)

And I despise "Country music" as it is now, but old time country and
western (think Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, etc) isn't nearly so bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Kate Parker
Adams
Sent: September 23, 2003 6:59 PM
To: Virgil Thomas Alexander Morant
Cc: Powderworks
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Breathe as a full album

At 05:38 PM 9/23/03 -0400, Virgil Thomas Alexander Morant wrote:
>The phrase "putrid country crap" seems to suggest a general disdain for
>country and western music (correct me if that's a wrong inference), so,
as
>far as that goes, what can one say in response, if the whole genre of
music
>is rejected?

Deity-of-your-choice only knows I've heard alot of country music, good
and
bad.  For pure country pleasure, One Too Many Times beats Home
IMHO.  Simple, sweet, and twangy as all get out.

kPa

----
Kate Parker Adams
kate@dnki.net
----
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,
She's gonna dream out loud" - U2 (Zooropa)