Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Breathe as a full album

Frosty chris_frost@optushome.com.au
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:11:02 +1000

Hi all,

I remember meeting Peter Garrett at the 'Winter Sleepout Fundraiser' not
long after ESM came out. That day I had read in the back pages of a music
mag that the Oils were recording an EP. When I got to meet him, I asked how
the EP was going. His response was firstly one of surprise that someone knew
about it, but also that it was hard when you have five different blokes with
five different ideas trying to pull it all in the one direction.

Looks like it started as only a few songs but kept growing as time passed.
We have all heard that it wasn't Robs favourite album to make, but I don't
think he was alone. That said, if its Oils, I love it.

Frosty