Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: THESE SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN YEARS - AN OILSLIVE PROJECT

Andy Gillcrist andrewg@nwlink.com
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:39:28 -0700

Wow... 15 discs!  I am just floored by the effort that went
into this project.

I started thinking about all my various CD players and
wondering if I could have them all playing these discs
simultaneously.  And the result is that I have a few more
CD players than I realized!  Check this out:

My primary stereo in the house has one.  The clock radio
by my bed has one (2).  My DVD player (3) and PlayStation
(4) both play CDs.

The boombox in my shop (5), the one in my wife's office (6),
and the ones in each of my kids' bedrooms (8).  My daugh-
ter's Barbie(tm) Karaoke player (9), though I'd have to
abscond with it when she's not looking.  My portable CD/MP3
player (10).  Each of my five computers has at least one
CD drive (15), except one's in Singapore at the moment (14).
And finally, each of my cars has one (17).

Oh, and the one at the store (18).

Now the player in my primary stereo is a 5-disc carousel,
and two of my cars have 6-disc changers, so technically,
I can have 32 Oils discs either playing or ready to play.  But
let's not get technical, I think 18 is enough, don't you?

It's a good start, at least.

Wow... surrounded by Oils music wherever I go... what a
wonderful world this is!

Rock on,
	Andy