Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] (No Man's) Land

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:12:55 +0200

What year was the collaboration "Land" recorded and what release was it
originally on?
I don't find it among the b-sides. I have checked out the discography on
The Dead Heart page.

Also I wonder if anybody knows what are Midnight Oil's parts in that
song, because there are many artists performing it. And who does what in
the new one, "No man's land"? You don't have to tell me that Peter
sings, I sure recognise his voice!

I have downloaded "No man's land" from
ftp://powderworks:truganini@scmods.serveftp.net/, and among the b-sides
there I notice the instrumental "Eye Contact". It's a live performance,
but it's not the same version as appears as the b-side of "The Real
Thing"? When was this version from, and why don't you have the actual
b-side version of it (that was "Eye Contact/Pictures" live)?

I think that "No man's land" is pretty good, but it doesn't really sound
like an Oils song - which of course it is not. It sure lacks the
Jim/Martin guitars! I actually prefer "Kiss that girl". The title is
silly, but at least it sounds like Midnight Oil.

/Bjorn