Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Mike Blackwood mikeb@cs.mun.ca
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:49:50 -0230 (NDT)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Jane R wrote:

> I agree definatley 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 is the best. And taking it further
> when the time comes to do one of those classic album programs 10 to 1 would
> have to be the Oils featured album.
> It would be really interesting to see Jim and Rob in a control room
> discussing how it was put together.
> Now we just have to wait for someone to do it!

If I had to reduce my 30+ CD Oils collection to just 3 perfect albums, I
would choose 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 first of all, plus the other 2 perfect
Oils albums: Diesel and Dust, and Earth & Sun & Moon.  With those 3 disks,
you get a sampling of the oils at their most furious, their most intimate,
and their most musically diverse.  Plus, each album is great start to
finish, and really holds together as a cohesive artistic statement.

You may, of course, feel that, say, Head Injuries, Red Sails and Breathe
are the perfect oils triptych, but that's the beauty of the oils... such
diverse music that people with very different tastes can love them fully
and diferently!

hold together,
Mike "Elixir" Blackwood

ps: feel free to chime in with your own "3 most essential" Oils albums!