Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Powderworks digest, Vol 1 #1237 - 13 msgs

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:01:30 +0100 (BST)

On Sep 8, Michael wrote:

> It is very hard for me to get past the stage persona and general
> "Heavieness" of the music to get to his lyrics. His (Manson's) music tends
> to go beyond my taste - I hade the same problem with NIN. I have freinds
> that really enjoyed NIN - but I could not hear the melody in the music, and
> I never really appreciated them.

I think my favourite NIN CD these days is the "And All That Could Have
Been" bonus CD (aka "Still") It features seom new and reworked tracks, all
with a softer edge - i think the majority are played on piano - I suppose
it's a bit like NIN Unplugged. It's amazing though and really highlights
the musical genius within Trent Reznor.

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk