Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

[name removed] example@example.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:28:13 +1000

  Yes you are right Rick, the volume is much lower on the early
  albums and if you have nice Hi Fi this is to your advantage.
  Unfortunately CD mastering standards dropped in recent years
  and the American Music Industry standard is to make em really
  loud so it sounds huge at all times over the radio and out of your
  shitty little boom box. Though once you put these discs on great
  Hi Fi you don't get the same amount of modulation from your
  music (as you would older CD's or some that are mastered in the
  UK). When i took my track in to be mastered last year the guy told
  me to bring in some CD's that i liked the mastering of (so he could
  try and match it). When i took in all of the CD's i thought sounded
  great he said "all of these have been mastered in the UK" i said
  "gee i did not know that" then he said "oh well UK mastering is
  really quiet so you don't want that!" that's when i realized i was
  paying the wrong chap $300 an hour!.