Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: Mono. Why? (off-topic)

Kate Parker Adams kate at dnki.net
Wed Oct 22 09:24:32 MDT 2003

At 10:09 PM 10/22/03 +0800, Jeff and Jane Scott wrote:
>In the early 70s, bands like Pink Floyd would prepare both a stereo and a
>quadrophonic mix (for four speakers) but quad didn't really take off and was
>more or less gone by the middle of the decade.

I seem to recall that at the tail end of the 70s, Pink Floyd recorded an
album using a mannequin and a slew of microphones.  There was a lot of
playing with new technology - and a lot of overkill sometimes.

Then everyone went back to two minutes, three chords and four tracks ...

Kate Parker Adams
kate at dnki.net
"She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in,
She's gonna dream out loud" - U2 (Zooropa)