Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] books...

Jess Clark jess5710@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 10:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

--0-702047698-1053711132=:13549

Well,

I read anything that's not nailed down--  and a little while ago Rob claimed that his Ghostwriters song "Great World"  was written after reading the book by the same title.  So naturally I ran right out to the library-
  And I would not recommend this book to anyone who's heard the song.
Its very grim.  Full of blood and pain and suppressed homoeroticism,
with  a smugly and often repeated theme of an amusement park as an allegory for death.  And no hovercrafts in sight--
     If Rob thinks we read too much into the music....  I wonder if he reads deeply enough into anything..   Which makes me think i may not run right out and buy his book.

can you tell I'm responding to a month's worth of back mail?
   will be back with something cheery in a few.

-Jess

--0-702047698-1053711132=:13549

<DIV>Well,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I read anything that's not nailed down--&nbsp; and a little while ago Rob claimed that his Ghostwriters song "Great World"&nbsp; was written after reading the book by the same title.&nbsp; So naturally I ran right out to the library-&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; And I would not recommend this book to anyone who's heard the song.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Its very grim.&nbsp; Full of blood and pain and suppressed homoeroticism,&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>with&nbsp; a smugly and often repeated theme of an amusement park as an allegory for death.&nbsp; And no hovercrafts in sight-- </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If Rob thinks we read too much into the music....&nbsp; I wonder if he reads deeply enough into anything..&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Which makes me think i may not run right out and buy his book.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>can you tell I'm responding to a month's worth of back mail?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; will be back with something cheery in a few.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Jess</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-702047698-1053711132=:13549--